Sunday, January 21, 2007

Oscar's Coming

For those who keep tabs on such things, the nominations for the Academy Awards will be released on Tuesday, with a wide open field for Best Picture expected. Normally, I would have documented a wrap-up of the Golden Globes by now. Problem is, I didn't even see the awards show (thank you very much, ice storm!), so there won't be one this year. However, I do plan on doing an analysis of the Oscar nominations shortly after their announcement, so stay tuned for that.

One note about the ice storm: My previous post said the storm was Jan. 11-13; actually, it was Jan. 12-14. A sense of time is one thing that quickly goes when you're in the cold and dark, being kept awake by crashing tree limbs and exploding transformers. It's an experience I'd just as soon not have again.

Anywho, enough about that nasty storm for now ... let's get ready for the Oscars!

No comments: